Developed in partnership with renowned economic historian and policy icon Niall Ferguson, MAKING HISTORY II: The War of the World marks a dramatic step forward in the MAKING HISTORY series. From the factories and shipyards on the homefront, to epic battles across the globe, MHII gives WWII grand strategy gamers the opportunity to lead a nation and remake history. MHII reflects the reality that economics win wars as much as combat, so players can customize the development of specific cities, regions and units to support their objectives. Along the way they will face rival political factions both domestic and international, diplomatic choices that affect their nation’s status and reputation, and a reactive artificial intelligence that alters its strategy based on player actions. The detailed 3-D map creates an immersive environment that lets players spend more time on the map building their nations and planning battles.
Making History II: The War of the World Features :
- Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map.
- Control hundreds of different land, sea and air units that represent historic vehicles and weapons used by major and minor powers of the era.
- Research an array of weapon systems and tactical improvements that allow upgrades for existing forces and structures to match advancing technology.
- Fly bombing missions against industrial and military targets or establish air patrols over enemy regions.
- Manage an extensive economic system covering production of resources, domestic food consumption, and international trade.
- Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation and expand your economic potential.
- Construct factories and research facilities that increase the power of your nation or sabotage and destroy the buildings controlled by your enemies.
- Battle an intelligent AI that instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics, generating action on the home front and abroad.
- Encounter unique nations, each with their own characteristics that influence behavior.
- Discover diverse populations divided by culture, ethnicity, religion and political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups and civil wars.
- Develop your colonies, liberate captured nations, establish puppet states or annex enemy territories.
- Engage in espionage and interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors.
- Enjoy a new, innovative multiplayer system that supports up to 32 players and greatly reduces the obstacles to long-term games.