Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack (Windows $149.99) makes the things you do every day easier. With fewer clicks, faster searching, easier browsing, and simpler ways to connect, there’s less between you and what you want to do. And when you’ve got a family of PCs running Windows 7, it’s a snap to set up a home network. Then everyone can share files or use a printer from anywhere in the house with just a few clicks. The Family Pack includes three licenses of Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade. The package contains one disc with a license key that you can use on as many as three machines. The disc includes both 32- and 64-bit versions — you can choose one or the other for all three PCs. Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack provides you with three licenses of Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade, in either 32- or 64-bit. Now it’s easier than ever to upgrade the family to Windows 7—and even easier to connect your PCs, notebooks, netbooks, and kids’ PCs in the same visually rich environment.
Take a look at these highlighted features in Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack:
- Upgrade three PCs, save more than $200
- Package contains one disc with a license key that can be entered on as many as three machines
- Enjoy a PC that works the way you want it to with better support for today’s technologies, like 64-bit PC hardware and memory
- Use HomeGroup to connect all your PCs running Windows 7 to a single printer
- Find something instantly, compare documents side-by-side, or open your favorite file in just two clicks
- Watch Internet TV, pause, rewind, and record TV, or use Touch to interact with your PC in new ways
- Use Windows Media Player to stream music files on any network-connected device
- Easily change backgrounds, window colors, and sounds to reflect your personal style
- Use Windows Search from the Start menu to instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC—from documents to emails to songs—just by typing a word or two
- Pin any program to the taskbar and rearrange the icons on the taskbar just by clicking and dragging
Understand the upgrade process for your PC
Depending on the version of Windows you’re currently running, installing Windows 7 on your PC may be a lengthy process. Moving to Windows 7 Home Premium from Windows Vista Home Basic or Home Premium qualifies as an upgrade. All other paths, including a move from a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista to a 32-bit edition of Windows 7, require a more detailed re-installation process.
Determine if 32 or 64-bit is right for you
Each package contains two disks: one with the 32-bit edition and one with the 64-bit edition of Windows 7. Please make sure you know which to install on your PC. The benefits of 64-bit are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more. In such cases, because a 64-bit operating system can handle large amounts of memory more efficiently than a 32-bit operating system can, a 64-bit system can be more responsive when running several programs at the same time and switching between them frequently. Please note: if you are presently running 64-bit software on a PC running a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista and you move to a 32-bit edition of Windows 7, your 64-bit software may no longer work.